A Verse Per Year

The Torah's verses seem to be aligned with the years of history. In addition to the years mentioned here, I suggest the significance of the following verses.


Verse 5751: For I know that after my death you will surely act corruptly and you will stray from the path that I have commanded you, and evil will befall you at the end of days, if you do what is evil in the eyes of HaShem, to anger Him through your handiwork. (Devarim 31:29)

Firstly, this resonates with the death of rabbi Meir Kahane in 5751. Secondly, the mention of the end of days strenghens the view that 5751 is the start of the last generation, as well as the relevance of chapter 32 to our times. See here for an extremely serious aspect of this.

Verse 5786: Is it not revealed with Me, sealed in My treasuries? (Devarim 32:34)

This confirms the pivotal nature of year 5786. See here, here, here, and here. It is also 420 years after 5366, which was 22*10 years of Din after 3826.


Verse 5791: See, now, that I, I am He - and no god is with Me. I put to death and I bring life, I struck down and I will heal, and there is no rescuer from My hand. (Devarim 32:39)

This confirms what I wrote regarding the year 5791. Our sages (Sanhedrin 91) explain that this verse is the Torah's clearest reference to Techiat HaMetim. HaShem can revive those who died, just like He can heal who was struck down.


כט